- Handle oil trading contract claims, calculate, analyze, and put forward feasible proposals to trading team.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers’ counterparties for claims, maintain a pro-active approach and endeavor to maximize the receivable claims and try to achieve win-win solutions with payable claims.
- Effectively manage open demurrage claims in the DMS and keep track of growing volumes, be sensitive to any potential snowballing of aging claims and pro-actively work with appropriate business units to keep track and settle the claims.
- Identify exposures to the company and report traders and shipping team lead on pending claims that may have adverse impacts on the company.
- Compile and report monthly trading demurrage report.
- Handle all ad-hoc demurrage inquiries and reports from HQ.
- Maintain smooth relationship with counterparts to maintain company image in the market and facilitate smoother negotiations and claims agreements.
- Coordinate with trading operators closely and maintain a healthy inter-intra-departmental working relationships.
- Work closely with other demurrage claims colleagues and cover each other’s work scope when necessary.
- Other administrative support when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in maritime, shipping, logistics or equivalent.
- Min 3 years of relevant working experience in shipping or oil trading industry.
- Good understanding of contracts (incoterms FOB, CIF, DES), charter parties, and key lay-time and demurrage provisions.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness.
- Possess good verbal and written negotiation skills.
- Good team player and self-motivated. Meticulous and inquisitive.
Please write in with a full resume, present and expected salary, contact telephone number(s) and any other relevant information to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Personal Data Protection
In submitting your personal data and/or resume, you shall be deemed to consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application. Information collected may also be disclosed to the PetroChina Group of Companies (which includes PetroChina International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Singapore Petroleum Company Limited) for this purpose.