Senior Analyst, Oil
- Maintain global oil supply and demand balance and further improve the process, including identifying and applying new data sources and tools, and automating data collection and processing.
- Apply robust quantitative modelling methods to develop outlooks on medium to long term oil market fundamentals (eg. monthly supply- demand outlook for the next 12 months, scenario planning for the next 5-10 years) and price forecast.
- Track oil markets on a daily basis and deliver market insights on a weekly basis via internal webinars.
- Support corporate strategy formulation through monitoring energy transition trends, energy & environmental policies, and conducting in- depth market and industrial research.
- Address ad-hoc research requests from stakeholders.
- Work with data science team to enhance existing analytical tools/models and develop new ones according to stakeholders’ needs.
- Other ad-hoc assignments.
- Degree in relevant field.
- Forecasting experience is a must and work experience in a leading consultancy and/or trading organization is preferred. A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Deep understanding of the fundamental drivers of global oil supply, demand, trade flows and prices and their interactions.
- Strong quantitative modelling skills, including working with large and incomplete data.
- Proven experience of continually improving processes, models and systems by drawing on multiple methodologies and wide networks to tackle problems.
Please write in with a full resume, present and expected salary, contact telephone number(s) and any other relevant information to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personal Data Protection
In submitting your personal data and/or resume, you shall be deemed to consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application. Information collected may also be disclosed to the PetroChina Group of Companies (which includes PetroChina International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., Singapore Petroleum Company Limited) for this purpose.