- “PDVL/TDVL” is a programme proprietary to Singapore Petroleum Company Limited (“SPC”).
- Under the programme, the “PDVL/TDVL” membership number (“MN”) is issued by SPC to be used to obtain or redeem benefits and/or privileges under or to participate in any promotions, offers or discounts that are made available by SPC from time to time (any such use of the MN shall hereafter be referred to as “Use of the MN”). Use of the MN is only permitted within Singapore at any of SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets.
- “Member” refers to an individual person who has applied to be a member, in whose name an account has been opened by SPC and to whom an MN has been issued. Any application to be a Member shall be subject to the approval of SPC. Participation in the programme shall be governed by the prevailing terms and conditions set out herein.
- The PDVL/TDVL membership is not transferable and the Use of the MN is restricted to the Member only. Each Member shall be entitled to one MN.
- All applications must be completed via electronic registration by the applicant with SPC with use of the applicant’s PDVL/TDVL and provision of personal data of the applicant. The applicant represents and warrants that the PDVL/TDVL used shall be valid, genuine, and the personal data furnished by him/her to complete the application shall be true and complete. “Personal data” refers to data about an individual who can be identified from that data. Personal Data may include full name, NRIC/FIN or passport number, photograph or video image of an individual, mobile telephone number, name and residential address.
- Application for the PDVL/TDVL membership and/or Use of the MN shall constitute full and unreserved acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
- Any individual person aged eighteen (18) or above is eligible to apply, without charge, to be a Member. However, SPC has a right in its sole discretion to reject any application without giving any reason whatsoever.
- The Member agrees that SPC may from time to time, without giving prior notice to the Member, vary, add and/or amend the terms and conditions herein set out.
- The amount of personal data collected by SPC depends on whether the Member has only linked Member’s NRIC/FIN to the MN or the Member have also registered his/her MN online.
- If Member has only linked Member’s NRIC/FIN number to the MN, the Member’s NRIC/FIN number will only be used to verify the Member’s identity, create and maintain the Member’s membership and to allow the Member’s continued participation in PDVL/TDVL.
- Member may also choose to enjoy full benefits of PDVL/TDVL by registering the MN online by providing the mandatory fields of his/her name, gender, date of birth, address and telephone number and other required data.
- Personal data furnished shall be used to enable SPC to communicate with Member about SPC’s latest discounts, coupons, promotions, services and other updates relating to SPC’s services. SPC will not disclose Members’ personal data to any third party for direct marketing purposes without prior consent. Such personal data shall also be used by SPC to manage and improve PDVL/TDVL programme, understand Members’ needs in order to improve SPC’s products and services, manage promotions, competition, customer surveys and questionnaires. SPC may use and share anonymized information with third parties but this will not include Member’s personal data.
- SPC may disclose Member’s personal data to law enforcement agencies and government for security purposes. Such personal data may also be disclosed to SPC’s legal advisors for establishing, exercising or defending SPC’s legal rights, to SPC’s other professional advisors, or as otherwise authorized or required by law. SPC also reserves the right to share Member’s personal data, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities.
- SPC will cease to retain Member’s personal data, or remove the means by which personal data can be associated with Member when the purposes for which the personal data was collected are no longer valid and when retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. The retention and destruction of personal data will be made in accordance with SPC’s policy and procedures.
- When a Member logs into his/her online account, Member shall be responsible to ensure the security of Member’s password and not to reveal his/her personal data to others. If Member is sharing a computer with any one, Member should always log out after use so that subsequent users will not be able to access Member’s PDVL/TDVL account.
- SPC will not transfer Member’s personal data to a country or territory outside Singapore except in accordance with prescribed requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- Members may withdraw their consent for SPC by using the functions available on the Member’s online account information page. Member may also withdraw from further participation in PDVL/TDVL programme.
- Any comments, questions or complaint about or requests relating to this General Personal Data Statement can be directed to:
Data Protection Officer
Singapore Petroleum Company Limited
One Temasek Avenue,
#27-00 Millenia Tower
Part B – Issue of MNs
- The label/sticker bearing the MN shall remain at all times the property of SPC and may be used by Member only in accordance with prevailing terms and conditions. SPC reserves the right to require label/sticker bearing the MN to be returned and/or cancelled on demand without giving any reason whatsoever.
- Notification of any loss or theft of the label/sticker bearing the MN may be effected via the SPC Retail Hotline No. 1800-477-1800 or visiting any SPC service station for assistance. SPC shall not be responsible for any transactions made with the MN as a result of loss or theft of the MN effected prior to the receipt by SPC of notice of such loss or theft and SPC shall have the right to debit the Member’s account for any and all such transactions effected.
- SPC will not be responsible in any way whatsoever for the loss of the Use of the MN or any misuse of the MN in the event of loss or theft, and SPC shall not be required to provide any compensation whatsoever to any party.
- The Member shall take reasonable care of the label/sticker bearing the MN. Should the label/sticker bearing the MN be lost, stolen, damaged or defaced, SPC may cancel the MN and issue a replacement MN but is not obliged to do so and if SPC issues a replacement MN, it has the sole discretion to impose a fee for the replacement. The label/sticker bearing the MN shall be confiscated or the MN suspended if found to be misused in any way. SPC is entitled up to ten – fifteen (10-15) working days to process and issue a replacement MN.
- In the event that the label/sticker bearing the MN is lost, stolen, damaged or defaced, SPC may at its sole discretion carry over any part or the whole of the transaction(s) recorded on the lost or stolen MN to the replacement, but is not obliged to do so.
- Before leaving the participating SPC service stations or any designated outlets, the Member must check the label/sticker returned to him/her, to ensure that he/she has been returned the correct label/sticker bearing its MN.
Part C- Use of the MN
- Prevailing details pertaining to the Use of the MN will be made available from time to time by SPC. All such details which may be amended or varied at SPC’s sole discretion shall be deemed incorporated herein and all Members shall be bound accordingly.
- At the discretion of SPC, certain permitted purchases from SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets may be eligible to be recorded at the time of the purchase, as a transaction under the PDVL/TDVL membership. Such transactions accumulated over a specified period may qualify the Member to certain benefits, privileges, promotions, offers or discounts within a specified period. Such benefits, privileges, promotions, offers or discounts may be obtained or claimed by the Member at SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets. Use of the MN is in addition to any prevailing on-site discounts at SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets, but not with any other promotions or discounts, unless otherwise permitted by SPC.
- Where possible, permitted purchases that qualify to be recorded as a transaction under the PDVL/TDVL membership will be listed down in a promotional catalogue (and such a catalogue may also be sent to the latest address of the Member reflected on SPC’s records) and/or labeled in SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets. However, SPC will not be liable or responsible for any failure to label such permitted purchases or to list such permitted purchases down in a promotional catalogue. In the event that a promotional catalogue is issued, its contents shall be for the purpose of information only and shall not be construed for any other purposes whatsoever, including as constituting any offer, representation or warranty as to their availability.
- Member must present his/her MN together with their valid PDVL/TDVL at SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets where Use of the MN is at any time allowed before making any payment. If he/she does not present his/her MN at the time of purchase, the Member shall not be allowed to obtain or redeem benefits and/or privileges under or to participate in any promotions, offers or discounts under the programme at the particular point of purchase. If required or requested, Member has to present his/her NRIC.
- Without prejudice to Clauses 28 and 30, in the event any transaction(s) was made but was not recorded, the Member shall be required to provide proofs of purchase including receipts for the purposes of recording such purchases as a transaction under the MN, if so permitted by SPC. However, SPC reserves the right not to record such transaction(s), or to accept or reject such proofs at its sole and absolute discretion.
- If the record(s) of such transaction(s) in the MN is not used by the Member to obtain or claim any benefits, privileges, promotions, offers or discounts within a specified period, the said record(s) shall expire absolutely at the end of that period and shall not be carried forward.
- Transactions recorded in one MN cannot be transferred, assigned to another MN or combined with another MN, or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with the terms and conditions herein.
- Any transaction(s) pertaining to the Use of the MN cannot be undone and any benefits obtained cannot be returned or exchanged, and are not refundable for cash or credit under any circumstances whatsoever. In the event that SPC agrees at its sole discretion to allow the above, SPC reserves the right to charge the Member an administrative fee.
- Any Use of the MN shall be irrevocable and irreversible, and any transaction(s) recorded thereunder shall not be cancelled or varied nor will there be a refund or payment of any kind to the Member under any circumstances.
- SPC shall have the sole right and discretion to determine the number of times a Member is allowed Use of the MN over a twenty-four (24) hour period or on a single calendar day, week or month or such other periods as SPC deems fit.
- In the event that redemption of any items on promotion or items eligible for benefits, privileges, offers or discounts (“Items”) may be effected by cash payment, the Member shall make the payment at participating supplier’s outlet, SPC’s service stations or any designated outlets at which the Use of the MN is to be made or as instructed by SPC. Such payment shall be borne solely by the Member and the Member shall not dispute the amount payable.
- Any Use of the MN is subject to stock availability of Items and SPC reserves the right at any time to cancel, change, substitute or remove any benefits, privileges, promotions, offers or discounts related to the Use of the MN, or make amendments to, change or substitute the conditions relating to the same with or without notice to the Member. Any Use of the MN at SPC’s service stations and any designated outlets shall be based on a first-come-first-served basis and at such hours as shall be permitted by SPC. Suppliers are not obliged to reserve stocks/goods for Members and neither SPC nor its supplier(s) shall be liable/responsible for any out of stock situations.
- In the event that such benefits, privileges, promotions, offers or discounts are issued by vouchers/coupons, such vouchers/coupons are valid for use subject to the expiry date specified on the said vouchers/coupons. All unused vouchers/coupons shall after the expiry date be deemed null and void, and no replacement shall be made of any such voucher/coupons by SPC. Use of such vouchers/coupons is subject to the terms and conditions contained therein and are valid for use only at such participating establishments as are stated thereon.
- The Items are available on an as-is basis, and shall exclude, among others, batteries, accessories and installation costs.
- If the Member is requested by the supplier to pay any taxes, levies, duties, Goods and Services Tax (GST) or service charge in relation to the Use of the MN, such taxes, levies, duties, GST or service charge shall be borne solely by the Member.
- Any Use of the MN may be subject to the suppliers’ terms and conditions, if any, e.g. participating redemption outlets, validity period and usage.
- The Member is responsible to examine any Items upon collection and to reject any damaged or defective Items at SPC’s service stations or any designated outlets at which Use of the MN is made. Where such Item(s) is found to be damaged, defective or its contents incomplete, the Member is to reject the Item(s) on the spot, to the cashier at the SPC service station, supplier or any person delivering the Item(s). Where it is not possible to check the Item(s) on the spot, any complaints of any such damage or defect must be lodged within seven (7) days of receipt of the Item(s) at the same place where the Item(s) was received. SPC or the supplier may at its discretion replace the Item(s), but is not obliged to do so. SPC is entitled to refuse such a replacement if the Item(s) has been found to be damaged by the negligent or deliberate acts of the Member.
- In the event that there are any damaged or defective mechanical and/or electrical Items, SPC shall, pursuant to Clause 13, provide the Member’s details to the supplier/manufacturer of such mechanical and/or electrical Items for the supplier/manufacturer to directly liaise with the Member. Such Items may carry the guarantee/warranty of the supplier/manufacturer and the Member shall be bound by such supplier’s/manufacturer’s guarantee/warranty.
- SPC makes no representation or warranty as to the quality of the Items, or liability for any defects or damage, or otherwise. The Member agrees that any and all disputes concerning any Items so obtained pertaining to the Use of the MN shall be settled between the Member and the supplier/manufacturer directly. SPC shall not in any way be involved or be brought in as a party to such disputes.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions and without prejudice to any other rights and remedies stated herein, SPC reserves the right to refuse Use of the MN where the transaction is suspected to be and/or is fraudulently recorded or obtained, erroneously recorded as a result of system glitches or for any other reasons as shall be determined at SPC’s sole discretion.
Part D – Summary of Transactions (‘Statements’)
- Statements may be issued by SPC and Members can receive the Statements online. While care is taken in producing the Statements, SRC does not warrant the accuracy of transactions stated therein. Members shall immediately notify SPC if they become aware of any inaccuracies in the Statements.
- SPC may at its absolute discretion and without assigning any reason discontinue the sending of Statements or change the frequency of sending the Statements to the Members.
- In the event Statements are issued and the Member does not receive any Statements from SPC, the Member shall immediately contact SPC Retail Hotline No. 1800-477-1800 to inform SPC of the same. The Member shall provide any relevant information requested by SPC for verification purposes.
Part E – Members’ Information
- The Member shall promptly update his/her personal data on his/her online account information page to ensure Member’s personal data is always current, complete and accurate.
- SPC shall be entitled to send correspondences and/or notices to the latest know address of the Member that is on record with SPC and notices shall be deemed to have been given by SPC to a Member on the day of delivery if sent by hand, or on the next working day after posting if sent by post.
- The Member shall be responsible to ensure that he/she immediately contacts SPC in the event that he/she fails to receive any correspondences or notices from SPC and is aware of this. In the event of any fraud or theft as a result of the above, SPC shall not be responsible or liable for any transactions effected prior to the receipt by SPC of such notice and SPC shall have the right to handle and process any Use of the MN that was affected prior to such notification.
- Pursuant to Clause 13 and applicable law, SPC may send to Member any form of promotional catalogues, pamphlets and notices.
- Subject to the foregoing relating to the use of Member’s personal data, the Member hereby authorizes SPC and/or its employees or servants to hold, make use of, disclose, divulge or reveal any information relating to the Member and the Member’s Use of the MN consistent with this PDVL/TDVL Terms and Conditions. In addition, the Member agrees to allow SPC to disclose his/her personal data, including information relating to purchases and mode(s) of payment, for the purpose of maintaining the Member’s account.
Part F – Cancellation, Termination and Suspension by SPC
- SPC may at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever and without prior notice cancel, suspend and/or terminate the membership. The Member shall not be entitled to any compensation for any such cancellation, suspension and/or termination. Un-utilized benefits, if any shall be immediately invalidated on cancellation, suspension and/or termination of the membership.
- SPC reserves the right to cancel/terminate any MN that has not been used for any continuous period of six (6) months and accordingly all unused benefits shall be immediately forfeited/invalidated.
Part G – Exclusions by SPC
- Unless SPC is and has expressly held itself to be, in writing, the supplier of the Items, any Items listed in the promotional catalogues, pamphlets and notices refers to benefits and/or privileges (including goods and services) that are provided by the member merchants. SPC shall not be responsible for the quality or fitness for purpose or any other matters relating to any benefits or privileges (including goods or services) provided to the Member upon Use of the MN.
- SPC makes no product representation or warranties, express or implied, and whether arising under any legislation or otherwise and disclaims any and all liability, as to the condition, quality, merchantability or fitness for use of goods/products and/or services provided to the Member (whether at the merchant’s outlet or otherwise) upon Use of the MN, to the extent permitted by law. SPC will not be liable for any loss or injury suffered by Members, their family or third parties as a result of Use of the MN (whether direct, indirect, consequential, pecuniary or of any other nature), nor shall SPC be liable for any loss or damage to property as a result of Use of the MN.
- Without prejudice to any other terms and conditions set out herein, any liability SPC may owe to the Member arising out of Use of the MN which cannot be excluded or which is not already provided herein is hereby limited, where permitted, to the reinstatement of the transaction record in the MN, or to the cost of Items in conjunction with Use of the MN, as SPC may determine at its sole and absolute discretion.
- SPC shall not be liable in any way whatsoever if any person fails and/or refuses to recognize or honor the MN for any reason whatsoever.
- SPC shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Member by reason of any loss, theft or damage to any Items sent to the Member by post, or any failure or omission to notify the Member of any changes in the Use of the MN. SPC shall not be liable for any event or occurrence beyond the reasonable control of SPC, including but not limited to acts of God, war, and industrial disputes. SPC shall also not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Member arising out of or in connection with the use of the MN that is not caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of SPC, its employees or agents.
- SPC shall not be liable for any erroneous handling or processing of the Use of the MN, any duplicate transactions, any loss of benefits, any errors, delays, damage or any other loss whatsoever suffered by the Member whether as a result, directly or indirectly, of any breakdown, or failure of any machine, data processing or communication system or transmission link or an inability to retrieve any information or personal data from the computer system or for any reason whatsoever. SPC shall also not be liable for any loss of transaction records in the MN due to any act or omission of the operator of the service station, appointed agents, contractors and/or suppliers, unless this is the direct result of the willful misconduct or gross negligence of SPC, and in such event, SPC may at its sole discretion reinstate the lost transaction records and/or offer any other kind of discount to the Member, or otherwise, as SPC may deem fit.
- Without prejudice to Clause 62, should there be a breakdown or failure of any machine, data processing or communication system or transmission link or an inability to retrieve any information or Member’s personal data from the computer system, SPC may at its sole discretion apply a rate of discount to all Members, and Members will be required to provide personal data on a written form to record their purchases. SPC shall be entitled up ten to fifteen (10-15) working days for manual processing of such records.
Part H – Assignment
- There shall be no assignment by the Member. SPC may disclose Member’s personal data to any proposed or actual partner, participant, assignee or transferee of any or all part of SPC’s operation or business (including PDVL/TDVL). SPC may also at any time assign all or any part of its rights and/or obligations relating to the PDVL/TDVL programme without the prior consent of any Member.
Part I – Variation of Terms
- SPC may without notice to the Member amend or vary any aspect of the Use of the MN, including the terms and conditions herein and/or the published details relating to the enjoyment of benefits and/or privileges, without being liable to the Member in any manner whatsoever. Updated versions will be posted on SPC’s website.
Part J – Miscellaneous
- Where a sticker/label bearing the MN bears a name and/or mark indicating that the MN may be used to obtain benefits and/or privileges under any other programme, the prevailing terms and conditions governing that programme shall apply and SPC shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for the operation of that programme.
- SPC may, at any time in its absolute discretion and without assigning any reason, discriminate between different Members in that benefits or privileges may be offered or granted to certain categories of Members but not to others.
- In the event that any provision or condition herein shall be or at any time shall become invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law, such invalidity, illegality or un-enforceability shall not in any way affect or impair any other provisions or conditions herein and these terms and conditions shall be construed as if such invalid or illegal or unenforceable provision or condition had never been contained herein.
- Where a Member is incapable or rendered incapable, by reason of death, mental disorder or permanent disability, of managing and administering his/her property, affairs and estate, upon the happening of any of the events indicated above, all unused benefits pertaining to the MN shall be automatically invalidated and will not inure to the benefit of any other persons, including the representatives and/or the estate of the Member.
- Any claim or dispute relating to the programme or to the Use of the MN shall be referred to SPC directly, whose decision shall be final and binding on the Member, and SPC’s records of all matters relating to the programme shall be conclusive and binding on the Member.
- Notwithstanding anything stated herein, SPC’s rights and entitlement herein shall continue to remain in full force and effect and shall survive any cancellation, revocation or suspension of the programme, the Use of the MN, and/or the Member’s participation in the programme.
- The terms and conditions herein stated shall be in addition to and not in derogation of any specific agreement or arrangement with regard to the programme now or hereafter, and from time to time, subsisting between SPC and the Member, and/or any terms and conditions that may be specified in any written communication notified by SPC to the Member from time to time.
- SPC reserves the right to invite or allow any other companies to participate in the programme, and in such event, to modify the programme and any of the terms and conditions provided herein or other agreements or other documents relating to the programme, including but not limited to the conditions for permitted purchases that can qualify for any benefit, privilege, promotion, offers or discounts.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Singapore law. The Member hereby submits irrevocably to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore Courts.